This episode was so much fun because we got to talk about helping to create change in our local hospitals! As doulas, we see all kinds of different ways that different locations take care of business. We definitely have some ideas both at the policy and practical levels for how to improve patient satisfaction, experience, and evidence based care.
Additionally, I shared my story about the amazing Erin Underwood‘s new course: Thriving Birth Worker Movement Method! This is not one to be missed if you are a birth worker with aches and pains and trouble turning off your brain, like me.
Other things we mention in the episode for you to check out:
- Research on Water Immersion
- CUB: Comfortable Upright Birth
- Trauma Informed Care and how to better integrate it into maternity care
- ACOG’s Approaches to Limit Intervention in Labor and Birth
- Momnibus Bill
- Previous guests: Amber Price, Denise Bolds, & Sharon Muza
- Animal Midwifery
- Pragmatic Doulas
- RESPCCT Study at Birth Place Lab as mentioned on Connecting the Dots
In case you want some further reading for a few subjects we mention:
- Shared Decision Making: Bring Birth Back Into The Hands Of Mothers Vol1
- Shared Decision Making in Health Care: Achieving evidence-based patient choice
- The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma
- When Survivors Give Birth: Understanding and Healing the Effects of Early Sexual Abuse on Childbearing Women
We would LOVE to see some awesome virtual tours of hospitals and birth centers too!! Send us a message on social media or feel free to email us: email@example.com!