Today we take on the age-old question of: Did my water break?
Not only do we talk about what really happens when your water breaks, how often it happens, and what happens to your birth plan when your water breaks. This also includes a look at hospital policies around your birth once your water has broken. (You can also hear us make the noise of water breaking for sound effects – awesome!) And check out our free handout for you to use with your clients!
We also have an interview with Sharon Muza talking about moving childbirth classes and client contacts online. Sharon is teaching in the Seattle area.
- Shout out to the Pragmatic Doulas
- Photos of en caul birth – water doesn’t break.
- Safe Prevention of the Primary Cesarean
- FREE Client Handout: Did My Water Break?
Online Classes for Childbirth Education and More
- Sharon Muza’s Website
- Tips for Teaching a Virtual Childbirth Class
- Zoom (Product she talked about for her classes.)
- Doulas & COVID-19 Toolkit
- AWHONN’s Statement About Doulas During COVID-19
- Cochrane: Prevention Control and Infection Measures COVID-19
- CDC Pregnancy & Breastfeeding Information on COVID-19
- Inpatient Obstetric Guidance (This is more about ppl who have COVID-19 and are pregnant than simply bringing laboring people to the hospital.)
- WHO: COVID-19 Videos for the public
- Academy of Breastfeeding Medicine Statement on COVID-19
- Michigan Governor’s Executive Order for Hospital Visitation FAQ
- CDC’s Guide to Prevention (includes Handwashing video)